Here’s a guest blog introducing Hethel sponsor, Ashtons Legal, explaining what they’re all about!
Leading regional law firm Ashtons Legal LLP have recently partnered with Hethel Innovation to support businesses in and around Norwich at Scottow and Hethel. In this blog post we introduce the key contacts at Ashtons and explain how Ashtons can help you and your business whether you’re a Hethel member, or not.
About Ashtons Legal
Ashtons is an award winning top-tier law firm rooted in East Anglia. We have almost 450 staff in our main offices in Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Ipswich, and Norwich. We’re a full service firm, meaning we advise businesses and private clients about a wide range of issues, including commercial and corporate law, dispute resolution, employment law and commercial property, in addition to personal legal issues such as estate planning, wills and probate and personal wealth.
How We Can Help You
We were offered the chance to partner with Hethel because of our expertise in engineering and manufacturing. We advise businesses of all size in these sectors locally and nationally and can help you with the following:
- Business structuring
- Manufacturing and engineering contracts
- Funding and growth
- Intellectual property protection
- Employee share options
- Technology licensing
- Data protection and information law
- Collaboration and research agreements
- Employment law and HR matters
- Commercial property purchases
- Leasehold issues
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Litigation and claim resolution
- Shareholder disputes
Our Recent Work
Examples of some of our recent work include:
1. Acting for the management team at Titan Engineering in their MBO of the business. See the details
2. Advising Cosworth Engineering on all of their commercial contracts, including licensing their products and selling and buying goods and services and advising them on employment and HR matters. See the details
3. Acting as the sole employment and HR advisors to several national food and beverage manufacturers and FMCG businesses such as Premier Foods (Mr Kipling, Oxo, Bisto, Ambrosia, Lloyd Grosman, Cadburys, Sharwoods), Valeo Foods (Kettle Chips, Foxes Mints, Liquorice Allsorts) providing nationwide advice to all manufacturing sites and head office functions, including discrimination, multi-site restructures, employment tribunals and international transfers.
4. Helping a local manufacturing business end their lease, settle a dispute with their landlord and take new premises.
5. Acting for a high growth bio-plastics business in their Series A investment round and R&D collaboration agreements.
6. Acting as the sole commercial, employment and HR advisors to several companies operating across the UK in the automotive industry, such as Cox Powertrain and Sentronics.
7. Helping to defend and settle a defective products claim against an engineering business.
8. Acting for the seller of Vaiopak, an award-winning food and beverage packaging manufacturing business, in their sale to Zeus, the Irish conglomerate. See the details
9. Helping an SME in the medical device manufacturing sector seeking advice on intellectual property protection and regulatory compliance.
How To Contact Us
Please get in touch with one of our key contacts to see how we can help:
David Sloman – Senior Associate, Corporate & Commercial
David has extensive experience advising businesses on acquisitions and sales, investment rounds, supply and procurement contracts, manufacturing and engineering agreements, collaboration and research projects, and technology licences and has worked with a range of clients across multiple industries.
Robert Hickford – Partner, Employment
Rob advises on all aspects of employment law, including employment contracts, confidentiality, employment tribunals and disputes. He has particular expertise in the manufacturing and engineering sectors, working with several household brands.
Greg McCurday – Senior Associate, Commercial Property
Greg is an experienced commercial property lawyer, advising clients on all aspects of commercial property transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, leases, and development projects.
Tom Bailey – Partner, Disputes
Tom is an experienced litigator with a wealth of expertise in commercial disputes, including breach of contract, shareholder disputes, and professional negligence claims.
If you would like to know more about sponsorship with Hethel Innovation, contact email@example.com