Hethel Innovation are looking to recruit a network co-ordinator into their small team who operate Innovation New Anglia; a project developing the emerging low carbon, smart and bio economies.
Through Innovation New Anglia, you will be promoting innovation and the creation of new technologies which address global challenges within businesses, academia, and government.
This role would be ideal for a graduate; however, it is not a prerequisite.
You will be a key member of the team, coordinating one of the key sector networks Cleantech East (cleantecheast.uk). Cleantech East is a voice and platform for the local low carbon economy, driving growth within this emerging sector.
Following the successful Hethel Innovation pathway, you will shape the low carbon economy of New Anglia by:
- Creating, organising, and hosting a range of events including conferences, special interest groups, Board meetings, challenge and exhibitions
- Developing and delivering training programs for low carbon start-ups, entrepreneurs, students, businesses
- Forming and maintaining key partnerships with local and national leaders including universities, Catapults, other networks, and science parks
- Growing the sector locally by supporting organisations through 1 to 1 consultancy utilising tools and processes to help them innovate, grow, launch new products, and connect with their supply chains
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting local SMEâ€™s to grow and develop through our innovation toolkit
- Brokering collaborations between the research and private sector, supporting new discoveries and technology pilots
- Develop low carbon clusters through a variety of activities such as conferences and workshops
- Create marketing material to increase our outreach and find new members/leads
- Deliver our hugely successful start-up masterclasses and help in the development of the next training programmes
- Confidently and professionally represent HIL at various events such as national conferences, 1-to-1 meetings, consultations, and open days
- Undertake a range of content creation such as mapping the emerging trends in the low carbon economy, presentations to a variety of audiences on our regionâ€™s strengths and new business development tools
- Support the project with day to day operations and innovation support offer
- An engineering, technical or science degree
- A track record of building strong networks and the confidence to speak to new people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills â€“ the ability to express yourself eloquently
- Excellent time management and organisation – the ability to meet deadlines and handle a busy workload
- Complete computer competency and willingness to learn new skills e.g. websites
- The willingness to learn quickly
- An interest in the smart/information technologies, their applications, and future development
- An excitement for exploring new areas of knowledge including innovation & product development processes
- A self-starting and motivated attitude, with the ability to achieve great results within minimum supervision
- A team-player, who is happy to work both with others and individually
- Flexible and adaptable, willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, when required
- Current, full driving licence, with access to a vehicle
Salary and Location
The starting salary for the position will be Â£18,000. The initial pay band will rise to Â£24,000 as you gain experience. Progression can be made to a salary of Â£27,000 if your drive and initiative can demonstrate development.
The position is a full-time, permanent position based at Hethel Innovation office, at Hethel Engineering Centre, Norfolk. The successful candidate will be expected to travel within the New Anglia region (Norfolk and Suffolk).
To apply for this role please submit a covering letter detailing your skills, experience and knowledge which demonstrates your suitability for the position against the personal specification, together with your CV to email@example.com
This position is part-funded by the European Union European Regional Development Fund.