We’re hiring a Business Co-ordinator into their small team who operate Scottow Enterprise Park; a pioneering business park in North Norfolk, growing the STEM sector by raising aspirations, increasing access to support and providing space to innovate.
As Business Co-ordinator, you will provide business support in key areas at Scottow Enterprise Park. This will include promotion and development of the services and expertise of Hethel Innovation to serve businesses in Norfolk, the eastern region and nationally.
This role would be ideal for a graduate; however, it is not a prerequisite.
At Scottow Enterprise Park you will promote innovation and the creation of new technologies, drive growth within businesses and the site whilst stimulating the local economy. You will support the tenants to develop their businesses and the local community to engage with the heritage site.
This will involve supporting services including:
- Learning innovation-led business support
- Overseeing financial management of computerised and excel based systems
- Communications support within the team and between the team and external organisations
- Providing excellent customer service to tenants, customers and suppliers
- Development of new contacts and business networks
- Production and presentation of monthly KPI reports and business dashboards
- Educated to degree level
- A track record of building strong networks and the confidence to speak to new people
- Experience of independent working and decision making
- Experience of gathering, interpreting and presenting data
- Evidence of good customer relations in person, in writing and/or by telephone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills â€“ the ability to express yourself eloquently
- Excellent time management and organisation – the ability to meet deadlines and handle a busy workload
- Complete computer competency and willingness to learn new skills e.g. websites
- The willingness to learn quickly with an excitement for exploring new areas of knowledge
- A self-starting and motivated attitude, with the ability to achieve great results within minimum supervision
- A team-player, who is happy to work both with others and individually
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Ability to use own initiative and resolve simple problems
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to gather and process data and absorb information
- Flexible and adaptable, willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, when required
- Current, full driving licence, with access to a vehicle
Salary and Location
The starting salary for the position will be Â£18,000, rising to Â£21,000 with experience. The normal expectation is that starting salary will be at the minimum of the advertised salary scale. Progression can be made to a higher salary if your drive and initiative can demonstrate development.
The position is for a 12-month full-time contract based at Scottow Enterprise Park. The successful candidate will be expected to travel within the New Anglia region (Norfolk and Suffolk).
The post is available from 2nd October 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter, on an indefinite full-time basis.
To apply for this role please submit a covering letter detailing your skills, experience and knowledge which demonstrates your suitability for the position against the personal specification, together with your CV to email@example.com