Hethel Innovation are looking to recruit a graduate into their small team who operate Innovation New Anglia; a project developing the emerging and enabling sectors including Engineering and Manufacturing. Through Innovation New Anglia, you will be promoting innovation and the creation of new technologies, focusing on Engineering and Manufacturing sectors, to support the continued growth of this enabling sector in the region.
Following the successful Hethel Innovation support pathway, you will shape the future sectors of New Anglia by:
- Supporting local SME’s to grow and develop through our innovation toolkit
- Brokering collaborations between the research and private sector, supporting new discoveries and technology pilots
- Develop future economies through a variety of activities such as conferences and workshops
- Create marketing material to increase our outreach and find new members/leads
- Deliver our hugely successful start-up masterclasses and help in the development of the next training programmes
- Confidently and professionally represent HIL at various events such as national conferences, 1-to-1 meetings, consultations, and open days
- Undertake a range of content creation such as mapping the future sectors emerging in the region, presentations to a variety of audiences on our region’s strengths and new business development tools
- Support the project with day to day operations and support offer
This is a full-time, permanent role. We are looking for candidates with an immediate start date.
- An engineering or technology-related degree
- A track record of building strong networks and the confidence to speak to new people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – the ability to express yourself eloquently
- Excellent time management and organisation – the ability to meet deadlines and handle a busy workload
- Complete computer competency and willingness to learn new skills e.g. websites
- The willingness to learn quickly
- An excitement for exploring new areas of knowledge including innovation & product development processes
- A self-starting and motived attitude, with the ability to achieve great results within minimum supervision
- A team-player, who is happy to work both with others and individually
- Flexible and adaptable, willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, when required
- Current, full driving licence, with access to a vehicle
Salary and Location
The starting salary for the position will be £18,000, rising to £24,000 with experience. Please note this position is part-funded by the European Union European Regional Development Fund.
The position is a full-time, permanent position based at Hethel Innovation office, at Hethel Engineering Centre, Norfolk. The successful candidate will be expected to travel within the New Anglia region (Norfolk and Suffolk).